The Commonwealth Youth Programme of the Commonwealth Secretariat proudly announce the inaugural edition of the “Discovering Young Leaders Programme” (DYLP). DYLP is designed as an online interactive forum to inspire, empower and expose young people to views and concepts of leadership, global trends in youth empowerment and the principles of youth development across the Commonwealth.
The programme is expected to orient participants on the concept of youth development in the Commonwealth; discuss the relationship between young people, youth activism, and governance; and introduce participants to new online skills, materials and tools for leadership and self-development.
- Participants are expected to be leaders of youth organizations, aspiring youth leaders, and heads and members of National Youth Councils and youth associations/clubs, and are between 15 and 29 years old.
- Practical experience of working with young people is a PLUS.
- Basic IT skills are essential and internet access is a requirement.
- All forms must be typed/filled in soft copy in a Microsoft Word. Do no convert this form to PDF or write with a pen. Only typed copies will be accepted.
- Email all applications to W.Salami@commonwealth.int latest by Close of Business (CoB) on 05 September 2012. No late applications will be processed. No posted, hand-written, or hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
- Submissions should be made individually through the applicant’s personal email account.
- You may add a CV and a short bio. These are however NOT compulsory.
- Calls for Participants : 13 August – 05 September 2012
- Admission List Out : 10 September 2012
- DYLP Commencement Date : 17 September, 2012
CURRENT STATUS…. ADMISSIONS OPEN!! To request for an application form, send a mail with ‘DYLP’ as subject to W.Salami@commonwealth.int.